It is Wednesday again and that means – BNI Business Spotlight!! Today the blog is featuring Richard Chadek – a longtime member of the group and a great friend! He is a personal coach – helping people find themselves through tough, confusing, trying, good & overwhelmingly good times, if there is a change in your life, or if you want a change in your life he is a great person to talk to! I find that I feel like a better person after having a one to one with Richard – he is a great listener, a great story teller and a great person!
Who are you? Richard Chadek
What do you do & Where? Personal Development Coach, Seattle
How can we reach you?:
5107 South Adams
Seattle, WA 98118
In Richard’s words:
1) How long have you been in your business? 6 Years How about BNI? Starting my 5th year
2) What made you choose to join the Madison Marketeers? Primarily the inviting energy of the group, but you were one of two members of the group at that time that impressed me with your enthusiasm, openness and graciousness.
3) What has BNI done for your business? Between 30 and 40% of my clients come through BNI related referrals
4) What are your goals? Instead of goals, I focus on the one thing that I want to conserve—the one thing that is so important to me that I allow everything else to change for the sake of maintaining it. For me, the quality I focus on conserving is that of being ‘alive’. When I start to feel that I’m ‘not interested’, or notice myself becoming closed to something, I recognize that as the beginnings of ‘going dead’ and I start wondering what it would be like, or what it might take, for me to be more alive, right now, in whatever it is I’m doing. In that way, I keep my attention on what I’m choosing, or not choosing, in this moment. That doesn’t mean I give up wanting to have, say, 3 more clients. But the clients really aren’t the goal: having more clients will happen if that’s part of really choosing to be alive.
5) What do you like most about work? The privilege of being trusted to participate in someone’s process of change.
6) What is an average day like for you? I have tea with my wife, run or take my PWD for a walk in Seward Park, see clients, read (among my current ones: The Gone Away World), cook or do housework, spend some time in the garden…
7) Is there anything you specialize in with your business? Helping people discover what it is that makes it possible to go beyond the limitations they encounter, whether the limitation is in their work, their relationships or in the pursuit of what they desire.
8) What sets you apart from your competitors? Most other coaches help people do what they already know to do better. I help my clients shift their way of being so they see entirely new possibilities that were not visible before.
9) Any Hobbies?? Gardening, Running, Mountaineering
10) Why did you get into this business? I’ve always been fascinated by human development in adulthood—the development of consciousness.
11) What is one interesting fact about you? I had a 25 year career in real estate development and construction management… (how interesting is that?)
So, if you know someone who would like to see the world in a new & brighter way – have them call Richard! The first hour is a free consultation to see if it is a good fit, so there are no risks! Give him a call! Here is his info one more time:
5107 South Adams
Seattle, WA 98118
If you are interested in visiting our BNI chapter to see if it would be a good fit to help grow your business, please do so! We meet on Wednesday from 1-2:30 at the Starbucks in Madison Park. You can email our President, Mr. Travis Banducci if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Be our friend on Facebook: Friend Link